Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Problems with the new XP Update

• Please log in to reply

Stivo

Stivo

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I'm at a loss, to be honest. My wireless failed since the last XP update, and I have no clue why. I'm not the greatest when it comes to problems like this, but I've checked everything I can. The only thing I can see in particular is that, while Wireless networks are detected (So says XP), they won't display in the list of networks. Also, the wltrysvc services gets stuck on "starting" instead of "started" respectivly. Does anybody have a list of requied services for Wireless to run correctly on XP? Is there any obvious problems that could cause this?

One final note, when it manages to randomly connect to an undisplayed network (My wireless, it correctly names) it refuses to "send" data, only receiving it. Thanks for the help-

Edited by Stivo, 16 October 2008 - 12:13 PM.

Advertisements

Stivo

Stivo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Too vauge? Is there anything else I should list?

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,307 posts
Wow! 33 minutes to wait for a response.
You must be patient. Everyone on this forum is volunteers. We all have other jobs and committments. The site is also international, so when you post almost anyone will respond based on their knowledge. Not everyone here is versed on all issues with computers.

Again please be patient. Sorry, I can't help you.

Stivo

Stivo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I wasn't trying to rush anything, sorry if I inferred such. Thanks anyways, though.