Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hijacked Hotmail Contacts

• Please log in to reply

dmp580

dmp580

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hello:

I am using IE 7.0 or Mozilla, under the Windows XP operating system. The problem is someone has gained access to my computer remotely, and has been sending email about junk proucts to ALL my Hotmail contacts, some of whom I haven't seen or spoken to since 2001. This has made for some interesting replies from those contacts.

I need to regain control of my Hotmail email and fix my computer so that no remote bot or whatever can access my Hotmail ontacts. I have tried emailing Hotmail(MSN) itself about the problem, but have had zero response.

Evey week I do an adware/malware sweep, and every 2 weeks a virus sweep. Noting shows except in my cookies there is a tracking whatever, which I remove promptly.

I tried to download Zone Alarm, but for some reason it will not download to my computer.

Anyway, how do I get that remote bot off my computer so people do not send me and my Hotmail contacts weird/junk email? I Need Help!

Thanks a lot,

DMP

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
first change your hotmail password...
look in your sent mail folder...are there things in there you have not sent...

dmp580

dmp580

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thank you for the suggestion. I took your advice today. Hope this works.

DMP

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
look in your sent mail folder...are there things in there you have not sent yourself...