Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet down after recent XP update

• Please log in to reply

xX dArKsKaTa Xx

xX dArKsKaTa Xx

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Yesterday I was on my desktop computer, and the automatic update balloon said that there was a new update for Windows and I installed it. Well, after restart I can not seem to get online. My modem and router are online, I am on my laptop on the same network right now. I scanned with AVG 8 Pro, and SUPER Anti-Spyware, nothing. What do you think the problem could be? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

Advertisements

oberlisc

oberlisc

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
Hi mate, do you have Zonealarm as a firewall if so this happened to a mate a couple of weeks back an update killed every zonealarm firewall and a few others, just go to control panel - add and remove programs tick the box at the top that says show updates, find the last update and delete it, see if that allows you back on the net.

Edited by oberlisc, 17 October 2008 - 01:33 AM.

xX dArKsKaTa Xx

xX dArKsKaTa Xx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
I found out last night about that update crap. I just moved my firewall down to medium where I always keep it. I don't know how it got up to high in the first place. I appreciate the help though.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
did you get back online after uninstalling the update...
if no... then try system restore...go back before the update...