Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

i can't play call of duty

• Please log in to reply

butchic

butchic

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i cant play call of duty even i'm finished install. the error message says "cant find specific folder or something like that" sorry new to this... thanks in advance

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
please provide the exact error message.

Pvt.Rundell

Pvt.Rundell

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Alrighty, I have had a similar (maybe exact) problem as this guy had/has. And the Error message says

"Couldn't load default.cfg. Make sure Call of Duty is run from the correct folder."

If anyone has any ansewers it would be greatly appreciated.

rev_olie

rev_olie

• PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Couldn't load default.cfg. generally means a corrupt install.

Try going to Add/remove programs (Programs an features for Vista users) by clicking Start and then clicking Control Panel.

Look for the entry for call of duty in there and click remove.

Then restart your Pc and reinstall. After that make sure you apply all of the patches form the Cod website (latest patch 1.5)

Pvt.Rundell

Pvt.Rundell

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Success! Call of Duty is working with no problems. Thank you Rev_Olie for taking the time to help me out.

Edited by Pvt.Rundell, 06 August 2009 - 01:51 PM.

rev_olie

rev_olie

• PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
No problem, gald to hear the problems solved :)

Post back to this thread if you have any other issues regarding the game

TerrieA

TerrieA

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I can't play call of duty at all because my cd/dvd drive does not recognize the COD disk at all. I have even uninstalled the cd/dvd drive in device manager and that did nothing. I am really getting frustrated so I would appreciate it if anyone could help me. I am not real computer literate but I have tried everything I know to do.