Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Intel Pro/Set Wireless Help Please

• Please log in to reply

woolery

woolery

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am trying to connect to the internet via my wireless internet connection, and I am having a terrible time. I have the icon in the bottom right on my taskbar that shows an Intel Pro/Set Wireless manager, and it has a red X through it. I right click on the icon and my only two options that I am able to use are disable radio, and troubleshooting... There are other options, but they are greyed out, like use windows to manage internet, etc. And when I click on disable radio, it still does not disconnect, because when I right click again on the icon, my options are the same. I have disable radio again, and troubleshooting. I have gone through ALL the troubleshooting stuff that comes up when I open it, and they all seem like pretty idiot proof tips to follow, but I cannot open any of those options on my computer, everything is greyed out. And yes, I do have my wireless card on, the WiFi light is lit up. I have a Dell 6000 laptop with Windows XP. My parent's laptop connects to my wireless, and my friend's laptop connects, but mine does not, and it will not detect any wireless networks at all, and there are about 14 in my area. I have even tried uninstalling Intel Pro/Set Wireless then restarting, and it re-identifies the device and re-installs it on re-start, but still to no help to me. Anyone dealt with this before. I can connect to the internet still by cord, just no wireless whatsoever. Please help guys. :)

Advertisements

woolery

woolery

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Okay, so through more internet searching, I have finally figured it out and got it back to where it seems like it should work. My problem now is that when I click to connect to my wireless network, nothing really happens. I click connect, enter my password, then the Wireless Network Connection window comes up and looks like it is processing, but on the other window behind it, it still shows Automatic, instead of Connecting, or Connected. So, I cannot get onto my internet connection still. I also have Windows currently managing my wireless adapter, as running it through Intel Pro/Set Wireless I had to configure a profile, and when I would go through it, at the end it would be loading the profile, then at the last second it Fails. So I still have a slight final connection problem. Any new ideas please? I appreciate it. Thanks.