Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless keyboard/mouse problems - please, PLEASE help...

• Please log in to reply

shenryo

shenryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi,

I have recently purchased a new computer which came bundled with a Logitech 660 cordless mouse and keyboard. These both worked fine for about two weeks and then started playing up. For example, my keyboard would fail to acknowledge key strokes I had hit or would sometimes duplicate a key stroke several times, even though I had only pressed it once. I replaced the batteries but the problems persisted. I decided that my bundled keyboard was faulty, so purchased a Logitech 1500 Rechargeable set-up. Installed fine, but similar problems were not long behind. Now, it seems that my mouse and keyboard do not like working together. For example, I am typing this message just fine, also, the mouse seems to work just fine. However, as soon as I put a game on the problems are instantly noticeable. The best way to describe my new problems would be when moving forward in a game, i.e. pressing and holding down the forward key, but also using the mouse to look around, the game will become jerky, as if all of a sudden I had taken my finger off the forward key.

Individually, both keyboard and mouse seem to work just fine, but when I need to use them together, the problems seem to arise. I have Googled these issues and there seems to be many people complaining about similar issues but without solutions.

Can anyone on here please help me get over these immensely frustrating problems.

I used Vista 64 Bit, 8gb MEM, NVidia 9800, 2.8ghz dual core processor.

Thanks in advance folks

Advertisements

shenryo

shenryo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
nobody has any ideas?