Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows do not load at all.. need help!

• Please log in to reply

aqclaban

aqclaban

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
Hi to G2G staffs! :)

Im a new geek in training and Im experiencing a difficulty with my laptop. As a beginner I have few ideas about fixing my laptop but still I lack experience and I need advices from teachers like like technical staffs of G2G.

Here is my problem:
My sister borrowed my laptop and she told me that he added a new user account. But first, the laptop shutdown because it the battery went empty. Even if the power management warned her that the battery is low, she still managed to use the laptop and shutdown. When she returned the laptop, windows failed to load and a message appears and it tells something like this:

"We apologize for the inconvenience, but Windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this.
If your computer stopped responding, restarted unexpectedly, or was automatically shut down to protect files and folders, choose Last Good Configuration to revert to the most recent settings that worked.
If a previous startup attempt was interrupted due to a power failure or because the Power or Reset button was pressed, or if you aren't sure what caused the problem, choose Start Windows Normally."

I have tried to start windows normally but it keeps restarting. I have disabled automatic restart on failure and a blue screen appears and it says something like this:

"A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
If this is the first time that you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:
Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure is is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.
Technical information:
***STOP: 0x0000007B (0xBA4CF524,0xC0000034,0x00000000,0x00000000)"

I dont know what to do and as I keep restarting my laptop I always receive this messages. What shall I do?

Here is my laptop specifications:
ASUS X80Lseries
Pentium T2390
160 Hard disk
2GB RAM

I also have a backup in drive D and I used Ghost 2006 but I dont know how to load the backup. I also dont have any bootable disk. I this may help...

Thanks in advance! :)

Advertisements

Ltangelic

Ltangelic

Angel Annihilator of Malware

• Retired Staff
  • 2,008 posts
Did you try using Last Known Good Configuration? Instructions here.

xxdimaxx

xxdimaxx

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i have the same problem used last know good configuration dont help help me plz i know that the prioblem is with file mup.sys in the system32 and i need to rename it to get the windows work but i cant log in the windows before it logs the windows i have this blue message on the screen help me plz

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Direct to: xxdimaxx

Please start your own topic
Although your issue may seem similar there can be other factors that may need to be resolved.
By bumping on someone's topic it makes it confusing for the tech to understand who they are helping. This can in turn cause the wrong support to be given and can cause instability or worse to happen to your system. Thank you for your cooperation.

I will inform you that the issue you have will most likely result in the repair installation or format and install of your OS.
When you start your own topic we will attempt to help.