Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WOW Restarts computer

• Please log in to reply

shakurass

shakurass

• Pip
  • 1 posts
When ever I start up wow the launcher works fine... It even plays the intro movie just fine, but as soon as it gets to the log on screen in about 0.5-1 secs it will restart my computer. I tryed forcing my computer to not restart so i can see blue screen, which worked, but it displayed only a blank blue screen with no writing and a repeating sound. I've reinstalled wow multiple time, even formatted and redid windows. All my mobo and video card drivers are perfectly up to date. I've tryed everything in my knowledge, and everything in the knowledge i could fine on google but still nothing. My system specs are as follows

Gigabyte GA-7N400
Athlon 3000+ (2 GHZ)
1 GB (2x512MB) DDR
Radeon 9600 pro (128MB)
Seagate 160gb IDE HDD
Random DVD drive
600 watt OCZ PS

As you can see this system should be more then sufficient to run wow, and i have bin running wow on it for the last 4 years. It all started while i was out of town, my buddy was playing wow on it and he said it froze. after that i had problems even making it run in full resolution and color depth in the desktop. I've figured everything out now but wow, even warcraft 3 runs on it flawlessly. Any suggestions would be appreciated as I am out of ideas...

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Welcome to G2G

Can you do this for me please:
Go to Start -> Control Panel ->Performance & Maintenance ->System
Click on the Advanced tab, then click on the 'settings' button in the Start UP & Recovery section.
Clear the checkbox entitled 'Automatically restart'.
Click Apply & OK.

Next, run WOW again. This time instead of restarting, you should hopefully get a blue screen error. Make a note of the error code eg STOP 0x00000000 etc

NB If you get the blue screen error, you'll still have to manually restart the system using the reset button or power button but at least it should give us a better idea as top what's causing the problem.