Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

a few questions i need help with

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

barry08

barry08

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Attached File  E2Q5.htm   16.63KB   73 downloads

ok first off i posted this last night and got a reply saying 'looks like homework' n it was closed,, im freakin 26 i dont even study or have homework,,i was looking up 'computing ' and i saw these test things and these 1's were driving me crazy and i wont be happy till ive found out the answers for these now haha,im 1 of these people who need to know the answers to things he see's

i am having trouble getting answers for this and people on yahoo answers keep giving me different answers and i am not getting any help.please please could someone answer these please

1.Bandwidth is measured in _____ or expressed in ____ [choose m, Hz, s, or bps]

2.A typical broadband connection has a bandwidth of _____ and is expressed in units of _______ [choose 100, 1000, Gbps, Mbps, bps]

3.If the sampling rate of an 8-bit PCM system is 8000 samples per second then what channel capacity is required to send it?

4.An E1 channel has a channel capacity of 2.048 Mbps. How many PCM channels can it carry?

5. i uploaded a page with encoding schemes attachment the question for this is....
(a) Write down the binary representation of signal (i)
(b) Write down the binary representation of signal (ii)

please please please can someone tell me the answers to these

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Age has irrelevant when it comes to homework - I was in my 30s when I got my Master's degree (and had questions like this). If you want to know that badly, wouldn't you get more out of it by trying to research and figure it out on your own, rather than relying on people to tell you? We usually only see desperation like that when someone needs answers for homework, by the way.

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Looks like you are going through the Cisco Acadamy.
I recognise the questions.

J-H

J-H

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Don't you have the Cisco book to read which would help you find the answers to those questions? The answers should be covered in the book.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

i am having trouble getting answers for this and people on yahoo answers keep giving me different answers and i am not getting any help.please please could someone answer these please

1.Bandwidth is measured in _____ or expressed in ____ [choose m, Hz, s, or bps]

....you're never gonna get your CCNA if you can't answer that one....google takes about 5 seconds

2.A typical broadband connection has a bandwidth of _____ and is expressed in units of _______ [choose 100, 1000, Gbps, Mbps, bps]

given the answer to number 1 this one should be pretty easy as well

3.If the sampling rate of an 8-bit PCM system is 8000 samples per second then what channel capacity is required to send it?

*cough*google*cough*

4.An E1 channel has a channel capacity of 2.048 Mbps. How many PCM channels can it carry?

google again to the rescue (little help? an E1 is an ISDN line)

5. i uploaded a page with encoding schemes attachment the question for this is....
(a) Write down the binary representation of signal (i)
(b) Write down the binary representation of signal (ii)

please please please can someone tell me the answers to these

that one i've got no clue other than knowing that the protocols are that they're talking about

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
O.K.
I will help you.
Please go to This web site and you can find all of your answers.

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
And closed again. If your thread is closed, it's closed for a reason. Don't reopen a new one thinking that it will be ok. Last warning.