Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Anti-Malware install problems.

• Please log in to reply

pandaphil

pandaphil

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, my first time, and first post here, so please bear with me.

Antivirus XP 2009 currently has its hooks deep in my system and has been making life miserable lately. I've tried installing both a downloaded version of Malwarebytes and ATF Cleaner. Both have failed to install, and given me the error message 'Cannot Find MSVBVM60.DLL' . Any idea whats going on here?

Edited by pandaphil, 20 October 2008 - 09:10 AM.

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Download the VBRUNTIME pack from here

If you still experience problems after running these programmes then

Please follow all of the steps in this section of the Malware Forum. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post a HiJackThis Log in the Malware Forum. If you are unable to run and/or post a HJT log, then post that in your initial post in the topic you create in that forum. Should you post in that forum please do not respond to your own topic. Our Malware Staff look for topics to help out in that have no responses. The Malware Forum is very busy with many more requests for help than we have volunteer helpers, so please be patient. If you have not had a response to a topic after 3 days then please go to the Waiting Room and read the pinned topic for instructions.

pandaphil

pandaphil

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for the quick response and your help! The VBRUNTIME download did the trick. Malwarebytes is currently doing a quick scan (43 Infected objects so far. Ick.)

Plan on being less careless in the future. :)

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Glad to be of help. Don't forget if you still experience problems then post in the Malware forum :)