Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Blue Screen on a Game

• Please log in to reply

nondaj

nondaj

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
Tried this and now am involved in note saying changes would not take effect unless fonts are to be installed as new; also will be involved in using XP disc and not sure what decisions will have to be made there. Do you know? Sounds like any changes re DPI is going to necessitate more decisions which I am not sure I will know what to choose. Any further suggestions re this route?

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
Hi again,

I've never heard of that problem before. After increasing the DPI on my XP computer just now, it gave me the same message! Funny that!

I clicked okay, and then another box appeared telling me the files were already on my hard drive. I clicked okay, closed out of everything, restarted the computer, and...

Everything was larger for me. (Text, Icons)

If for some reason, it decides everything you need isn't on your hard drive, you would only need to insert your Windows XP disc and it will then copy what it needs from there.

Cheers

Troy

nondaj

nondaj

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
I finally went ahead and just chose the largest size rather than custom and it has worked most places. But here on this forum even though I have the view size to largest, I can hardly read the text it is so small. Seems to be some sites that just will not enlarge for some reason. So maybe have to use the custom setting which involves pixels per square inch. It is now set at 125 so not sure how much to mess around with this and what it would do to my other settings that I have labored to finally get into shape. Any ideas?

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
CTRL + will enlarge the text in-browser.

(Pressing the CTRL (Control) and the + button at the same time).

Troy

nondaj

nondaj

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
Hmmm must be doing something wrong - have tried Ctrl and + nothing happens
Have tried highlighting and then Ctrl and + nothing happens
Have tried Ctrl and shift and + again nothing happens.

My browser is IE 6 not 7 so maybe that is the catch?

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
Try looking in the view menu, then. There should be an option somewhere to increase the text size.

Troy