Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

USB not working properly?

• Please log in to reply

icedwater

icedwater

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi!

I restored my Registry a while back after accidentally deleting some shgina.dll entries from it, and had to manually update all the drivers listed in Device Manager to make my stuff work. I thought it was over, but now my USB connected devices don't seem to work:

- my iPod is not recognized as a hard disk even though the Device Connected sound plays.

- my digital camera cradle, when plugged in, is recognized, then after a while disconnects itself.

Can anyone help me out here? Any place I can download any files to update my system?

Help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
drivers for usb are included with windows, so the first choice is to remove all devices listed under Universal Serial Bus Controllers (hubs,host controllers) and reboot

start > run
devmgmt.msc
<enter>