Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem: No Video, No Post

• Please log in to reply

eclips

eclips

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey,

I just started having a problem with my 6-month old PC. Sunday morning I got up, hit the power on my PC only to find that it would not boot. The power turned on, fans, HDD and DVD-Drive all started but no video and no post beep.
I also noticed the Power LED on my case is off (first time I noticed, no idea if its related or just burnt out).

Setup:
Asus P5N-D Motherboard
Intel Q6600 (Not OC'd)
Crucial Ballistix PC2-6400 2GB 2X1GB
EVGA NVidia 9600 GT
Seagate Barracuda 7200 250GB
OCZ StealthXStream 600W

I've tried resetting the CMOS twice, tried using a new video card, tried using only 1 ram stick (4 times, 1 at time in slot A1,B1) and nothing has worked. Everything I've found online talked about building a new PC but this one has been built and running for 6 months so I'm not sure what happened. I want to narrow down the problem so I can get it RMA'd. I've ruled out the video card, having tried 2. (I would also expect some beep with no video installed).
Both memory sticks could be bad I guess, doesn't seem likely. So that leaves the PSU, CPU or Mobo.
Anything else I could try?

Thanks in advance.

Johnny

Advertisements

sUBtech

sUBtech

• PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
Hi there eclips, welcome to Geeks To Go
Are you saying that your mobo can on but the problem is it can't boot?
Since everything are able to start, including your HDD, DVD-ROM.
i might suspect that your mobo are having trouble.

Try to do this, run your system with only RAM and CPU with your onboard Video Accelerator.
Check again and see if there is visuals or the POST beep.
If running with minimal system requirement still fails, it should be your mobo faulty.
Thanks