Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Limited or no connectivity to internet

• Please log in to reply

TheSquare

TheSquare

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Right so all of a sudden my laptop won't let me get onto the internet as it says ''limited or no connectivity''.

I use a wireless network which is plugged into virgin media cable modem and all of my friends in this house can still access the internet wirelessly.

I can connect to the wireless network fine and the signal strength is excellent but I can't get online unless I plug a ethernet cable directly from my laptop to the wireless router.

I haven't recently (to my knowledge) installed the XP service pack 2 so I don't know if this is an issue.

The only thing that seems to be different with my computer now is that everytime I turn it on I get a message from Intel Active Management technology saying:

Intel AMT status could not be retrieved from the atchksrv service for 60 seconds. Please make sure the service is running.

And then a message saying that the status is disabled.

But I'm not sure if this is anything to do with the internet.

Any help would be great! Thanks

Edited by TheSquare, 21 October 2008 - 12:14 PM.

Advertisements

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
I suggest you take a look at this How-To guide for Limited or No Connectivity.
If you're still having problems after following the steps in the guide I will be happy to assist you.

Regards,
Olrik