Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I need help understanding what this HiJack This report means

• Please log in to reply

Mmadison

Mmadison

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I recently downloaded HiJack This and ran a scan of my computer. I don't understand what all this is in the log, but I haev been getting errors upon start up about the windows messenger not connecting and when that happens my Vista Theme disappears from the Theme settings unless I restart the computer--and that's not always a guarantee that it will work after restarting. Why am I having this problem and how do I fix it? I am including a copy of my HiJack This log file, hopefully it makes sense to someone and I can get some help with this. Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide me.

Maggi

Advertisements

ibizaGTi

ibizaGTi

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Hi

You can post your HJT log in the Malware forum, link here.

One of the experts will then have a look at your log for you, and help diagnose any problems you may be experiencing. Make sure you read the pinned topic "You Must Read This Before Posting A Hijackthis Log" first, as that could help you with your problem aswel :) .

You should not try to "fix" any of the objects within HiJack This if you do not know how to use the program, or what the log means...post in the malware forum and one of the experts will be happy to help you out!

Good Luck.

ibizaGTi