Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Can Someone Recommend A Good Flashlight For Pc Repair Use?

• Please log in to reply

superstar

superstar

• PipPipPip
  • 716 posts
Can Someone Recommend A Good Flashlight For Pc Repair Use?

I need a good sturdy flash light that won't ruin like the dozen others I've tried over the years. I need it to see pcs in the dark, and also for regular use in one of my shops, where there are a lot of dark rooms I need to shift through for parts. I hate these darn cheap flash lights I keep picking up. I know a lot of you must use some nice flash lights that you've had for a long time and don't flicker, or die off so quickly. These darn plastic garbage pieces of flick are making me crazy! I'd like to have one that can shine over a far distance. Please give me a name/model/url if you can so I can find it.

Thanks

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
I would think this one would work, but haven't tried it yet:

Forever-Everlife Flashlight 2 Set Deluxe
Batteryless Flashlights
Finally a flashlight that never needs batteries!

Some seem better constructed than others. Last link seems to have a good one if it truly is waterproof, etc.

SOURCE FOR LINKS

The Admiral

The Admiral

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 1,067 posts
MiniMag for the small spots, 3-cell D MagLite for the large rooms.

:)

(edit: formatting)

Edited by The Admiral, 20 October 2008 - 10:47 PM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
i always use a Petzl Tikka Plus LED Headlamp...keeps your hands free...it's pure white light so noticing colors is easy...it's EXTREMELY bright and has different light settings.....plus the batteries last a long time....with 3 aaa's you get - High: 100 / low: 150 hours

if i don't have my tikka i use a mini maglight

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
I am always looking in Sears for good tools to fix my vehicles. In january i was wandering about the local sears store and i found this light for $10. I have found it to be the handiest light to use while i am working on computers without using a headlight like Dsenette has( i also have them too). Uses 2 AA batterys, has a magnetic clip for the light end and a stiff cable to adjust to any position.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I have not been able to find this light in the regular seard stores but they do have some similar.

http://www.sears.com.....ts & Lanterns

http://www.sears.com.....ts & Lanterns

SRX660

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
If indestructable is your main criteria, then a mini-maglite

techtim

techtim

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I use a mini MagLite with the LED conversion all the time, good bright white light and battery life seems almost endless, you can also get a headlamp attatchment for them too!

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,307 posts
I have used a mini-mag lite for 20+ years. They are pretty much indestructable. I recently (6 months ago) converted to the LED version. The white lite makes it very bright. The LED makes the batteries last for ever.