Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Computer restarted itself all of a sudden

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
I really need some help here, haven't gotten a clue on what to do since my screen isnt displaying anything and my mouse/keyboard's lights arent shining so they aren't getting any contact either..

I had this problem before with my screen being stupid not wanna display anything but that was due to invalid settings, today i was playing a game of Warcraft when suddenly my screen zagged and flashed with random colors and went black as my computer restarted itself, after that i just can't get it to work, I tried using other computer screens but with the same result, "NO SIGNAL"

My entire computer and screen is newly built so it being broken after 1-2 months use is highly unlikely and i scan daily for virus with both NOD32 and Superantispyware..

I have really no clue what to do so any help would be greatly appreciated

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
Hi there,

So your computer is experiencing restarting problems? Or it won't boot at all?

If you could explain exactly what happens right now if you press the power button, please. If nothing, can you smell a "burnt" smell from the back of the computer where the power cord connects?