Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trying to recover system using recovery partition, but now it is not w

• Please log in to reply

snowcat0

snowcat0

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

I have a 2002 hp pavilion 501n with windows xp. I read about the recovery partition and since the computer is completely bugged out - hard to get anything to run, I ran the recovery from the partition. Things went well until it came time to reboot the computer and when it restarted the screen "welcome to windows xp ,please wait..." came up and stayed there and the computer started making a loud, irritating humming noise. Any suggestions as to what could be the problem or what I could do next?

Is there any chance viruses could get into the partition? I have seen people selling windows xp, hp recovery disk sets on ebay, would something like this work for me? Thanks for your help!

Advertisements

Wisdom2

Wisdom2

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
A damaged hard drive can sound like that...

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
This topic is almost 1 and 1/2 years old.

There is no need to dig up topics this old.