Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Sound Card

• Please log in to reply

lmosher85

lmosher85

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I have no sound coming from my coumputer, after speaking with others if have found my sound card is not installed properly can someone tell me how to properly install my sound card?

Advertisements

The Admiral

The Admiral

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 1,067 posts
lmosher85, you are already being helped in another thread. Let's stick to that thread so that we don't get confused. :)

lmosher85

lmosher85

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Sorry i am new at this however, the gentelman in the other thread isnt being very much help at all!!

Jonesey

Jonesey

• PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
Creating duplicate topics in an attempt to bump your topic won't do you any favours at all!

All of the people who help out here are doing it for free in their own time.

You'll just have to be patient.

The Admiral

The Admiral

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 1,067 posts
I have found jt to be a very competent technician, he's given you lots to look at, and we have other people in there helping you as well.
Not many computers have a speaker inside the computer (I personally have yet to see one, except for a laptop) so we're just covering our bases.

See you in the other thread!

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Hi Admiral,

I have seen one in a 9-10 years old IBM computer. A marvelous machine which was used as a server. It was built to last forever and weighed accordingly. It had a built in speaker. To this day I don't now how I managed to find drivers for it. As for how to switch the speaker on and off, I gave up after about half an hour of pressing all metal or plastic pieces that resembled switches. It was real fun.

lmosher85

lmosher85

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Well i am sorry if i upset anyone, but thanks for all your help! i never said jt wasnt competant he just wasnt helping me he didnt understand what i was telling him. Plus my computer has a speaker built in look up the specs on the model and make if you dont believe me. Well good bye and good luck helping others!!!!!! and This is a HP so no IBM guy you might not have seen this particular pc oh well its not worth waisting my time here!!

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Hi lmosher85.

Nobody is trying to offend you or is thinking that you are wasting our time. I looked in your original post and I think the helpers did their best to help you. If it isn't solved fast that's because some important specs were missing (computer model, for example) and the understanding that a company computer can have limits set by IT department.

As for my last post, if it offended you in any way, please forgive me. I never meant to.

Kind Regards

The Skeptic