Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Monitor Help

• Please log in to reply

yoursangoma

yoursangoma

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
I am looking to buy a new monitor since my dell flatscreen of 4 years went out last week. I am looking for a quality monitor on a budget. Around $150. Are there any suggestions of brands to stay away from? I have seen some from Acer, Viewsource, Hann-G? Any suggestions of where to buy? Any and all help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Advertisements

The Admiral

The Admiral

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 1,067 posts
First, contact Dell Technical Support, via Chat or phone (800-624-9896) about getting the monitor replaced. They'll ask for the serial number from the back of the monitor, and it is very likely that they'll be able to replace it for you because of our monitor replacement policy (which changed in October 2005).

p-zero

p-zero

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
Check this one out on newegg http://www.newegg.co...-028-_-Homepage 22" 2ms response, etc. ITs just a little more than you wanna spend $180 after rebate but it is a pretty sweet monitor. After I sell my p991's Im going to get it.
-P.

yoursangoma

yoursangoma

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

First, contact Dell Technical Support, via Chat or phone (800-624-9896) about getting the monitor replaced. They'll ask for the serial number from the back of the monitor, and it is very likely that they'll be able to replace it for you because of our monitor replacement policy (which changed in October 2005).

Even if I purchased said monitor before October 2005?

yoursangoma

yoursangoma

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Dell would not replace it since it was manufactured in 2003.