Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Taskbar items gone..

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
Well, I've been having a problem with my laptop, an Asus Eee 1000H.

Since a few weeks ago, and without any provocation at all, most of the icons that usually load on the taskbar with windows don't load at all. As far as I can tell the programs they belong to are still running, the icons just aren't there. I've done lots of research on this and tried a bunch of stuff to get them back, none of which seems to be working that well. I can get them back for one boot by using TuneUp's icon cache repair tool, but as soon as I shut down the computer and boot it back up, they'll be gone again. All the other tools I've tried have no effect.

Anyone have any ideas on what's going on here? Seems like the icon cache is corrupting itself every boot or something.. I don't get it.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Try to use this link to kelly's korner. Go to line 195 on the right and install the file. At the top of the page you will find instructions related to the installation.