For the last 3-4 months my system has been 'sluggish' at times. I have gone the Malware/HiJackThis route
(http://www.geekstogo...xt-t213568.html ... thank you eddie5659) but without correcting the sluggish problem. What do I mean by sluggish? .... three short examples follow (keep in mind that this is NOT a 'show-stopper' - just disconcerting - spoils operational flow).
--- ONE --- renaming a file
1. launch Windows Explorer - OK
2. select file - OK
3. right click selection - TAKES 3-5 SECONDS to display drop-down menu (and when displayed, Send To option is chosen).
4. must wait approx 5 more seconds for Send To to be 'unchosen' by Windows so I can chose Rename.
5. rest of operation is normal speed
--- TWO --- clearing cache in Firefox 3 (during website maintenance)
1. launch FF - seems slow but can be blamed on me having 7 add-ons - OK
2. go to website URL - see where change needed - use Dreamweaver to make change - OK
3. go back to website - must clear cache - OK
4. on toolbar go to Tools then Options - OK
5. must wait 7-10 seconds before menu is displayed asking to clear
6. clearing is quick and FF speed good after that
(NOTE:have Process Explorer minimized to watch system usage - FF is hogging most of CPU ... have checked Mozilla/FF forums and no one seems to have this problem.)
--- THREE --- typing
while entering the above text - SOMETIMES (not continually) the typed character doesn't appear for 1-2 seconds after typed.
I've checked the system events, etc but there is nothing that occurs frequently
I 'm hoping to record what's happening.