Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Appl To Log Proceses/Services For Sluggish System

• Please log in to reply

911pchelp

911pchelp

• PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
Does anyone know of a program that will log processes or services? Not at Boot time but during execution of other apps.

For the last 3-4 months my system has been 'sluggish' at times. I have gone the Malware/HiJackThis route
(http://www.geekstogo...xt-t213568.html ... thank you eddie5659) but without correcting the sluggish problem. What do I mean by sluggish? .... three short examples follow (keep in mind that this is NOT a 'show-stopper' - just disconcerting - spoils operational flow).

--- ONE --- renaming a file
1. launch Windows Explorer - OK
2. select file - OK
3. right click selection - TAKES 3-5 SECONDS to display drop-down menu (and when displayed, Send To option is chosen).
4. must wait approx 5 more seconds for Send To to be 'unchosen' by Windows so I can chose Rename.
5. rest of operation is normal speed

--- TWO --- clearing cache in Firefox 3 (during website maintenance)
1. launch FF - seems slow but can be blamed on me having 7 add-ons - OK
2. go to website URL - see where change needed - use Dreamweaver to make change - OK
3. go back to website - must clear cache - OK
4. on toolbar go to Tools then Options - OK
5. must wait 7-10 seconds before menu is displayed asking to clear
6. clearing is quick and FF speed good after that
(NOTE:have Process Explorer minimized to watch system usage - FF is hogging most of CPU ... have checked Mozilla/FF forums and no one seems to have this problem.)

--- THREE --- typing
while entering the above text - SOMETIMES (not continually) the typed character doesn't appear for 1-2 seconds after typed.

I've checked the system events, etc but there is nothing that occurs frequently
so
I 'm hoping to record what's happening.

Advertisements