Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NEW HARDWARE FOUND

• Please log in to reply

clixto

clixto

• PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
I updated to SP3 and when I rebooted I got a new hardware found. Under device manager there are ? marks by other PCI bridge device, unknown device, and audio device on high def audio bus. OS is XP pro AMD anthalon 64 x 2 dual core proc 6000+

thanks in advance

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Visit the website of the people who made the computer or the motherboard to fill in the question marks - you are missing the drivers.

clixto

clixto

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
I wnt to the website and tried dl drivers but it failed when I dl'd them

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi clixto,

It failed when you downloaded them? Or did you try to install them?

Did you get any error messages?

Troy

clixto

clixto

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
I tried dl the new drivers realtek setup( 2.47) R 1.79 and it starts to install and then I got an error message "install realtek HD audio driver failure" Below is my original posting. This is the MB link

http://www.asus.com/...n...l3=345&l4=0

When I right click the yellow question mark in device manager for Other: The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28) , PCI: This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1), & Audio device on HD audio bus: This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1)

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi that's not the link to the motherboard, it's broken and just redirects to the home page.

Care to post the proper one?

clixto

clixto

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
I tried the link and it's broken for me too. I have a whole new problem aside from that. I dl the update for zone alarm and I was having issuses with true vector. I was following the sets as outline in the following link http://www.geekstogo...et-t105358.html and I wasn't able to delete some of the zone alarm stuff. I then tried in safe mode and it still didn't work. I did delete some things. ( the rest of my message is below....

**Please do the following. If any of the steps below do not apply to you, or you are unable to perform the function listed, please CONTINUE to the next step.

Open the ZoneAlarm program, go to the OVERVIEW -> PREFERENCES tab, and make sure the Load At Startup box is UNchecked. Close the program, then right-click on the ZA icon and select Shutdown.

REBOOT.

You should now have no ZoneAlarm processes running on your system.

Now click Start -> Programs -> Zone Labs -> Uninstall. Be sure to say YES to the security check.

WARNING - Do NOT run the ZoneAlarm Uninstall program while in Safe Mode unless absolutely necessary. The program may not be able to make the proper registry changes in Safe Mode, thus generating errors after a reboot.

REBOOT.

To make sure that you can see the ZoneAlarm system files, if they are still on your computer:
a. Right-click on Start, then left-click on Explore. When the Windows Explorer panel appears:

Click Tools -> Folder Options. Click the "View" tab, then click the "Show hidden files and folders" radio button.

b. Make sure you also UNcheck the box to "Hide Protected Operating System Files" if you have one.
c. When searching, be sure it searches ALL hidden files and folders (in XP: check Advanced search settings)
d. Click OK.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Making modifications to system files may disable crucial functions of your Windows operating system. I strongly suggest re-enabling the "Hide files and folders" feature once all ZoneAlarm files have been removed.

Click on Start, then Search or Find, and select Files. Make sure that the location box is set to search your local hard drive (usually C: ) or All Local Drives.

Type the following exactly and delete the folder:

zonelabs (under your SYSTEM or SYSTEM32 folder)
"zone labs" (under your Program Files folder)
"Internet logs" (under your Windows or WINNT folder)

Type the following exactly - delete files found in \Windows or any subfolder below it, in your \Temp folder, or in the Windows "Pre-Fetch" folder):

vsconfig.xml
vsdata.dll
vsdata95.vxd
vsdatant.sys
vsmon.*
vsmonapi.dll
vsnetutils.dll
vspubapi.dll

I decided to do a system restore and I still had the same problem opening zone alarms. "Setup unable to log into the truevector service. Install cannot contin without logging into the True Vector service. Please use the service manager to shut down the true vector service and then restart the True Vector service and the restart the installler prog." I sys restored again back to yesterday and I am having issues with with things like my anti virus and the same problem with zone alarms. I don't know what else is screwed up.

clixto

clixto

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
I am now not able to dl anything. I got a windows installer pop up and an exclamation under PCI in device manager