Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

SCSI drive boots and now not on Dell, W2K Server

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello, I'm new here and I hope very much that you can help. I'm in a real pickle!
The computer is:

PowerEdge 1600SC Dell Poweredge
This is the page that shows the original computer. It has not been changed. It has also not been serviced or looked at in 8 years.
Running Windows 2000 Server
Two SCSI Seagate drives, one or both making a bad noise.
The following is what comes up in BIOS:
LSI Logic 1020/1030C Syn 320.0 Wide 16 Rev 1032300 202]
PowerEdge Expandable RAID Controller BIOS 3.29
HA-0 (Bus1 Dev2)
PERC 3/SC Standard FW 1.80 DRAM 32MB
After the LSI Logic 1020/1030C Syn 320.0 Wide 16 Rev 1032300 202]
is shown a message comes up and says
MPT boot ROM No supported devices found!
I then get a prompt to F1 continue or F2 enter setup.

Just this morning most of that was coming up, all except the part about No supported devices found and if I hit F1 it would continue and would boot.
The only thing and I mean the only thing that I did was to run the Dell Diagnostics from the partition on the disk. After that it finds no supported devices and won't boot.
What did I do and how do I undo it?
Thanks very much.