Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

2MB Free space, please help before my computer dies!

• Please log in to reply

The only pirate washer.

The only pirate washer.

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
Hey I posted in this forum under "Help". My computer is going to die and I really really need it. I dont have the reboot cd because i didnt know i had to make one when I started the computer.

I am deleting unused software and when deleting one program my computer asked if I wanted to uninstal some drivers but I was unsure so I left them, does drivers take up a lot of space?

• PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
Quote: "My computer is going to die and I really really need it"

Why do you say your computer is going to die ?? ( What gives you that idea ? )

and as for the 2mb Free space , Are you refering to your Hard drive / C: ?

You can Create a Bootable cd from your pre-installed system ( iam unsure if weather or not i am able to tell you about how you go about doing this ( Not sure weather its conflicts with the forum rules BUT you can research and look into it " Google: Creating a Bootable cd for windows vista from pre-installed OS " ))

Quote: "I am deleting unused software" , Be sure you know exactly what you are deleting ( You may take out files needed by windows in order to run ( Then you will be unable to boot your computer at all )) , TRUST ME ( Ive done it Myself Doing what you are doing , when i had no better idea myself lol " You learn from your mistakes ")

Quote: "does drivers take up a lot of space" , I Belive they DO NOT ( All they are is a Text-Coded like file ( Small file anyway )) , However they cannot be written by anyone lol , you need an in-depth understanding of how the hardware and the software of a given platform function

They are REQUIRED by ANY Hardware DEVICE in order for the device to Function correctly ( Allows for communication / Control of the device ) " Without a Driver for the Device , the device would not function "

bare in mind , there are drivers for your OS , Hardware , device's , Printers , Video adapters , Network cards, Sound cards etc etc"( I think you get the idea ) , ( Without the drivers for these they simply would not work/Function " No communication or control could be made" )

P.S : Get back to me on why you think your computer is going to die , And what 2MB freespace are you refering to ( iam assuming your c: ???

Edited to add more information :)

Edited by Anthony19, 22 October 2008 - 03:22 AM.

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,302 posts
How big is the hard drive you have?
Is the drive partitioned into other drives like D or E?