Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

this might seem obvious but!

• Please log in to reply

sgr1970

sgr1970

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:) ,plz help!!!!!!,when i bought my ei systems laptop,it had an sd card reader icon in my computer,when you plugged memory card into the slot built into the laptop,a card appeared inside the icon,when card ejected or safely removed the card inside the icon disappeared leaving the icon still there,now ive only got the whole icon there when card in,sometimes the card doesnt read until computer restarted with the card in.and when the card is ejected the lot disappears why? ,plz some one :)

Edited by sgr1970, 22 October 2008 - 12:01 PM.

Advertisements

Xzëk

Xzëk

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I am going to try to clear this up a little bit.

Are you meaning that the icon that is currently there changes to the USB drive picture when you insert it into the USB drive?

I know from my knowledge that the drive hangs (Or picture) when you just take it out with out ejecting it incorrectly. The picture stays there from time to time, I know mine does, but that is just me.

Make certain that your version of Windows is up to date by visiting Windows Update. There have been updates to the USB support in almost every version of Windows, especially the 9x and Me versions. Also, make certain that your USB hardware drivers are up to date. The drivers are the hardware-specific interface between Windows and the USB ports. Getting updates to these drivers will depend on the manufacturer of your computer, or the manufacturer of your USB port add-in if the USB ports are on an expansion

Edited by Xzëk, 22 October 2008 - 12:21 PM.