Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Is my MOBO failing me?

• Please log in to reply

undun40cal

undun40cal

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
Heres my rig:

O/S: Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
Sytem Model: Gateway T3410
System Serial Number: CCA61 300 12671
Enclosure Type: Desktop
Drives: 160.03 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
26.26 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space
Main Board: Board: First International Computer, Inc. K8MC51G PCB 1.x
Serial Number: C566164126
Bus Clock: 201 megahertz
BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG 11/25/2005
Memory Modules: 896 Megabytes Installed Memory

Slot 'A0' has 512 MB
Slot 'A1' has 512 MB

Display: NVIDIA GeForce 6100 [Display adapter]
DELL 1704FPT [Monitor] (17.1"vis, s/n Y429953SBCY6, April 2005)

Ok, every now and then when i'm playing a game the screen turns all squiggly and the comp becomes unresponsive, in-turn requiring me to reset the comp. Usually i can deal with that, rationalizing it as the on-board graphics is getting hot. Sometimes i can play for several hours, always expecting the crash but nothing happens. The last 2 days have been different though. I try playing "The Sims 2" and "Combat Arms" but end up having the above mentioned happen, within the first 1/2 hour of playing. It doesn't help when it happens and i'm trying to level up.

Anyways, my question is, what could be causing the problem, how do i fix it and how can i keep tabs on what causes the crashes (Event log shows nothing of the crashes)?

If there is any more info need, just ask. :)

Advertisements