Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Acer Aspire 9920g problems

• Please log in to reply

rndiver

rndiver

• Pip
  • 1 posts
firstly, im not the most computer savvy bloke in the world, so if this is in the wrong section, i apologise cause i dont really know where it fits in!

i have an Acer Aspire 9920g with windows 32 bit vista ultimate (genuine) its got a t7700, 2.4ghz dual core thingy, a geforce 8600m gt graphics card, 4gb ddr2 and a 500gb hard drive

1 of the problems is (apart from im gonna sling it out the window!!) it doesnt like any games i try to load onto it, specifically Stalker clear sky. the other games i just put down to them not being combatible with vista. however, clear sky is, and my laptop should be able to play it. it installs ok, but when i try to play it i get the warning
'please insert the original DVD'
even though its already in the disc drive! the games been exchanged 3 times, and it works on my steam powered pc (not very well though). ive also downloaded all the 'patch' thingy's for it aswell but still to no avail!

2nd problem is, even though i have 4gb ddr2 ram, it seems to be very slow! takes around 8-10 mins to boot up (not sure if thats normal though!)

ive sent it back to acer for repair and they said they fixed it and it was working fine (didnt tell me what they did though!) however, lo and behold, its not!

any help would be greatly appreciated, cause otherwise il be driving a sledge hammer through the screen!!!

many thanks

danny

Edited by rndiver, 22 October 2008 - 03:37 PM.

Advertisements