Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Someone is controlling my computer on the network

• Please log in to reply

jjman24

jjman24

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am in a computer science 2 class and somebody keeps taking control of my computer and closing my programs while i'm working and today they made my start button and toolbar go away and the entire screen just went blank. Last year I knew how to do the same thing but our school has blocked the use of command prompt and remote access control which is what I used. The school uses lightspeed systems which blocks anything and everything. Our class also uses the NetOp program which is how I think he is taking control of my computer. Can anbody tell me how to take control of a computer like he has? Thanks. And plus I just need to know how I can defend myself so he will quit shutting my computer down. Also sorry if this is in the wrong section, first time here and wasn't for sure where to put this.

Edited by jjman24, 22 October 2008 - 10:42 PM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
since you're in school you need to go to your teacher and tell them what's going on....the teachers will take care of the person who's messing with your machine.

jjman24

jjman24

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
It doesn't really bother me all that much because they don't do it all the time. Actually I would just like to learn how to do it myself.

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
We will not be able to tell you how to do anything malicious whatsoever.