Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista 64 bit - Broken BCD

• Please log in to reply

Frustrated05

Frustrated05

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
Hi, im using a computer thats dual-booting XP and Vista 64 bit editions
everytime i booted up the computer, the BCD worked and i was allowed to either select Vista or XP
after i reinstalled an XP with sp2 already on it (original didnt seem to have USB support and would not update even manually), and i did some work installing all the drivers and some software, i had restarted a couple times for graphics drivers and such, but after i was pretty much done installing everything, the next day i boot up and i get a screen saying \Boot\BCD is corrupted
i tried using my Vista boot disk, it will boot to the Vista green/blue background but then nothing happens
i found a site that allowed you to download just the repair components for Vista, booted from that and same thing happened
i have no idea as to how to fix this since i have tried both actual CD and a repair ISO and both gave me no results
also, since the boot disk wont work, i dont see a way to make a parallel install of Vista.....any help or suggestions would be MUCH appreciated

Advertisements