Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Drivers for ltn526d cdrom drive

• Please log in to reply

Spirit Wolf

Spirit Wolf

• Pip
  • 1 posts
drive doesn't recognize any disk that is inserted. I have tried to locate a driver for this drive and found the one on liteonit.com, but that particular file doesn't work with my drive. I am at a lose here since my computer had been attacked and I had to completely wipe the HDD, then reinstall windows. I wish I had the original files that came with the drive.

Any help and/or suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Spirit Wolf

Advertisements

Anthony19

Anthony19

• PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
Hello Spirit Wolf

Iam not a Staff member here at GTG , However i may be able to help you...

Iam on vista atm , but i work with xp( at home( i am like 300km's from home at the moment though lol ))

( commands vary and the layout is different , Hopefully we can work around that )

Drivers are essential in order for any device/hardware component to function corrently ( Allows for control / Communication ) without getting into the " Nitty Gritty" area's :)

Here is what i want you to try first

click Start button ( BOTTOM LEFT OF TOOLBAR ) then click "Control Panel" then locate the "DEVICE MANAGER"

SIMPLIFIED: Start > Control panel > Device manager ( Open the device manager up )

Look at dvd/cd-rom drives section ( is there a yellow Exclaimation mark ??? )

If there is... double click " dvd/cd-rom drives " or click the ( + ) symbol to expand...

Right click on the drive with exclaimation mark and select Update OR Update driver software ( we will see if windows can locate a driver for your device automatically ( If not we are going to have to manually locate the driver ))

If above recommendation does not succeed.... I will need more information on your drive Eg: Make , model and serial number etc

PS: You will need to have a Internet connection established in order for windows to be able to locate a driver

Iam assuming you do have a connection to the internet though , quote:" i have tried to locate a driver for this drive and found the one on liteonit.com "

Edited by Anthony19, 23 October 2008 - 03:39 AM.