Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Receiving javascript:__doPostBack('loginButton',) when trying

• Please log in to reply

fightingirish32

fightingirish32

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I'm receiving the java script:__doPostback('loginButton',") at the bottom of web browser when trying to login to a certain website. When I try to login to the page the webpage I'll give for an example is www.covers.com the login box is gray but the letters are normally darkened but now they are grayed out just like the box and the button is unclickable. I've done everything I can possibly think of to do to fix this problem I even searched on this and couldn't find anything now I'm here for a little help any solution to this problem would be great I believe its probably something very simple to fix but of course I can't figure it out so if someone knows about this please help thanks

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
If you're only having a problem with one website, it sounds more like it's a problem with the website, not with you. Is there any way to contact them via email or anything to try and resolve this with them?

fightingirish32

fightingirish32

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Its not just one website, have no problem logging on to the site on my desktop,

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
If I hover over the button on that site, I get the same message at the bottom - it's just giving the java script command that it uses. Are you using Internet Explorer or Firefox? I'm wondering if your settings got changed in your browser somehow. If I disable javascripting in Firefox, I can't click on the login button either.

For Firefox: Go to Tools > Options > Content and make sure Enable JavaScript is checked.

For IE: Tools > Internet Options > Security. Choose Custom level. Scroll down to the bottom and find Active Scripting and select Enable. Go back to the website you mentioned in your first post and see if you can login now.

fightingirish32

fightingirish32

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I have already done that, I just went back and checked again and it was already enabled still not working any other suggestions maybe?

fightingirish32

fightingirish32

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I fixed the problem simply download firefox now everything seems to be just grand thanks for help