Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Welcome Screen Profile Problem

• Please log in to reply

Maddawgmax

Maddawgmax

• Pip
  • 2 posts
When I turn my computer on and get to the Welcome screen, it won't load my profile correctly. It says there is some error and it puts me on a temporary profile. Does anybody know how to get the profiles working correctly?

Advertisements

IrrevocableXenophile

IrrevocableXenophile

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
Hello Maddawgax,
What does the error say, and can you start your account through safe mode? (restart the PC and press or hold the f8 key until you hear a few beeps, for most computers) Run ChkDsk (start>run>chkdsk.exe) to see if any files are corrupt.

Tony

Maddawgmax

Maddawgmax

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I can get on and everything I just can't get it to load the profile that I had been using

IrrevocableXenophile

IrrevocableXenophile

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
Get on what? :) The computer itself? But it's giving you temp profile every time correct? That problem is usually caused by an error in a file or registry key. You can do the chkdsk or create a new file, and transfer the files from the other account to the new one.