Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Irritating trojan - keeps pressing enter?

• Please log in to reply

Bossworld

Bossworld

• Pip
  • 9 posts
First off I'll have to say thanks again for the help with my machine.

My housemate has managed to get some sort of virus that keeps pressing enter (or similar). Tried going through the FAQ, ran malwarebytes but although it found something, as soon as the file was found, the virus hit enter and shut malwarebytes down. Seems as though whenever it's disturbed it reacts even more.

Tried running Kaspersky and nothing found, Symantec doesn't find anything. Spybot found something before, but removed it, and the problem still remains.

Is there anyway to run malwarebytes when this thing keeps hammering 'enter' even in safe mode? Tried unplugging the keyboard and it still happens so it's definitely not that at fault!

Cheers

Joe

Advertisements