Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

some pc problems

• Please log in to reply

mrpooh3

mrpooh3

• PipPipPip
  • 281 posts
hi ! I just registered today to see if anyone can help me? I got a new PC a few months ago and lately i have been having some problems with it.My cpu usage seems to go fairly high alot and my wireless mouse has started performing poorly,it seems to stutter sometimes as if there is interference with the connection and is sometimes quite erratic and jumpy.I recently checked out my event viewer log and constantly see this error appear in it > the following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load : TfFsMon TfSysMon EVENT ID 7026 ...I don't know what this means or how to fix it.I ran the following scans and tests> a spybot S&D scan,Super Anti-Spyware Scan,AVG AntiVirus Scan,Avast Virus Cleaner tool and Sophos Anti-Rootkit tool and they detected no spyware or viruses.I then defragged the registry and repaired registry with Auslogics tools,defragged my HD and ran disk clean up and then done a chkdisk scan.I also ran some smaller utils such as ATF cleaner and CC and am still having problems. My PC spec is an Asus p5n-mx Motherboard 4gb RAM 2.00 GHz Dual Core 250GB HD running Windows XP PRO sp3.I searched the web for the Event Viewer error and read someone give advice to another person with this error to get a new HDD as it had a bad sector and am worried that my HD could be corrupt can anyone tell me how to find out if my HDD is working correctly.I try and keep my PC performance high and reasonably secure so if anyone can help me that would be great and most appreciated.regards Mr.Pooh

Advertisements