Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP, desktop bg is plain white...it shouldn't be

• Please log in to reply

Taylor123

Taylor123

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
when comp first starts up sometimes u will see the regular wallpaper, u can right click the desktop and change the wallpapers but the bg remains white

i tried to google it but didn't really know how to google it, nothing substantial came up

Advertisements

jt1990

jt1990

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
Many forms of spyware change your desktop wallpaper, often times they say something to the effect of "Your computer is infected..." Tho I have come across some that just change the wall paper to something else.

Head over to themalware forum and see if they can help you, but be sure to read this first.

Taylor123

Taylor123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
i've already posted there still waiting for them to get around to me but it hasn't been 3 days yet....i did get a virus,malware, etc...but i think i've cleaned a majority of it out. Was hoping there was a quick fix for the desktop issue, guess not :)

jt1990

jt1990

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
Sorry :) Malware isn't a quick fix, trust me, I know from experience :)