Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wacom tablet and GIMP don't play nice.

• Please log in to reply

Dreylivude

Dreylivude

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Hello,

I recently wanted to try and start using GIMP, on both the Windows and Ubuntu side of my machine. (Trying to switch to ubuntu)

Right now my problem is that my Wacom Tablet (Graphire) is not being fully recognized in GIMP. It works fine in Photoshop with pressure sensitivity, eraser recognition, etc. But in GIMP all I can do is move around and draw lines, much like a mouse. No pressure for opacity, etc.

I've looked around the internet (google searches...) but haven't found an answer to the problem. I even looked at the input devices settings in GIMP but my tablet doesn't show up anywhere.

I'm running Windows xp SP3, and GIMP 2.6.1

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
This is only info I found at GIMP's FAQs:

Does GIMP support art tablets like the Wacom?

Dreylivude

Dreylivude

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
I already took a look at that, and it doesn't help as the information is obsolete, and I am running gimp on Windows. That information is about Linux.
Thanks anyway though.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
All I can suggest then is to submit a Bug Report or communicate your problem through one of the selections on the Mailing List page.

trucker

trucker

• PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
I use ubuntu 9.04. Ive had a intuos3 wacom tablet working on this machine. if Im right I set this up with ubuntu 8.04. All the bells and whistles don't work. but it does ok for me with Gimp.
Try here if you still need a howto
http://ubuntuforums....ead.php?t=25151

Edited by trucker, 30 May 2009 - 06:27 AM.