Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Computer Randomly Restarts

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have been having a problem with my desktop computer for the last few weeks. Tried looking for answers all over but no luck.

My computer has been randomly powering down (not shutting down, kinda like a power outage turn off). It used to do that and my monitors would go blank and the system is completely unresponsive, but the computers still seems to be on (fans are running and it seems like everything else is running), when this happened the power button would not turn off the computer (holding it in or whatever) and i would have to turn it off by using the power supply switch.
But recently it has stopped the blank screen and begun to just restart. I am not really sure what could be causing this (power supply?). I have gone in and vacuumed out dust and stuff a few times. I dont think the computer is overheating or not, and it doesn't seem to happen when i do anything special.

Any ideas of what could be causing this?