Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mouse working off and on

• Please log in to reply

jhn4433

jhn4433

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello first let me say thank you for reading this and second i will explain what problem i am having. I built a system for the first time and it works fine except that my mouse doesn't work most of the time. I kept shutting down and replugging the mouse in and i finally got it to work but then i installed the driver disc that came with the mobo and when i restarted my comp it didnt work again. I kept trying again and eventually it worked again but when i restart it doesnt work. I do not think it is the ps/2 port because it is working sometimes. Does anyone have any suggestions on what i can do should i reinstalled windows and that didnt seem to help i dont know what to do other than return the motherboard to get a new one with a new ps/2 port but as i said it works sometimes so i dont think it is the ps/2 or the mouse because the mouse works fine i am using it now on my other comp that i am on now. Thanks again

Advertisements

Gnomad1600

Gnomad1600

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
The fact that it works in another computer but not in the one in question would point to the PS/2 port being faulty. Have you tried a USB mouse to see if that works?

jhn4433

jhn4433

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
no i only have a bunch of ps/2 mice i guess i could go out tomorrow and buy one. So even though it registers the mouse sometimes that mean the ps/2 port could be bad?