Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

another downgrade problem...

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I wonder if anyone can help me with this problem?

I have recently downgraded from Vista back to Xp, because of the usual problems with Vista (slow speeds, buggy , confusing, too many file authorisation requests, etc!)...

My problem is that after downgrading I noticed that I now have no sound !

I have searched for days on the internet, but i couldnt find anything ...
The manufacturer only supports Vista drivers, so i cant get anything from there

I hope someone will be able to offer some help with this problem soon!

My Computer is: Fujitsu-siemens, Amilo Li2727...I now have a Vista style OS installed

Thanks in advance

Advertisements

Anthony19

Anthony19

• PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
Hello 22268 and welcome to GTG

Iam not a staff member here at GTG , However i may be able to asssit you...

Give this a crack at ... no promise though :)

click Start button ( BOTTOM LEFT OF TOOLBAR ) then click "Control Panel" ( in the Left plane select " classic view ") then locate the "DEVICE MANAGER" ( open the device manager up )

SIMPLIFIED: Start > Control panel > Device manager ( Open the device manager up )

Look at sound , video and game controllers section ( is there a yellow Exclaimation mark ??? )

If there is... double click " sound , video and game controllers " or click the ( + ) symbol to expand...

Right click on the device with exclaimation mark and select Update OR Update driver software ( we will see if windows can locate a driver for your device automatically ( If not we are going to have to manually locate the driver ))

If above recommendation does not succeed.... I will need more information on your audio device Eg: Make , Model etc etc

PS: You will need to have a Internet connection established in order for windows to be able to locate a driver

BTW = By The Way , Your Topic states that you Quote: " No sound when downgraded from xp to vista " xp-vista is a upgrade lol ( just though i would inform you )

Edited by Anthony19, 24 October 2008 - 05:20 AM.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,307 posts

I have recently downgraded from Vista back to Xp

I now have a Vista style OS installed

So I assume you had vista and went to XP. You had no sound and you went back to vista???

You need the drivers for the mother board for the sound. The problem becomes that a lot of manufacturers that are building computers and putting Vista on, are not supplying XP drivers.

They do have pcmcia sound cards for notebooks. That might be your only option. LOOK HERE for 1 type.

Of course, please wait to see if anyone else has found anything.

Gnomad1600

Gnomad1600

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
After some searching the drivers you are looking for should be here , the link came from FSC Forums. You just click on the link that says free user under the speedometer on the left and wait for the timer to reach zero. Each time I clicked on the link I had to wait 68 seconds to begin downloading. You are also limited on download speeds but it didn't seem to bad.

That link will give you all of the drivers, for just the Audio these Realtek Audio drivers should do the trick. Just click on "I accept the above" and then click next and choose the Win XP drivers, the first XPv driver is a zip file the next one in line is an exe file.

Edited by Gnomad1600, 24 October 2008 - 03:24 PM.

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
hey guys thanks for your helpful answers....but...nothing helps ! :)

Anthony19...I got no yellow exclamation marks next to the sound drivers...but when i click on them individually, the device usage box is blank and
greyed-out

make and model number is Fujitsu-siemens Amilo li2727...and downgraded from Vista to Xp

123runner...Sorry for the confusion, I had Vista when I got the laptop...but decided to go back to Xp because of the irritating things...I now have xp installed, but it is Vista style (E.G. Just the vista look, but XP OS...more of a compromise)

Gnomad1600...thanks but I already got these and installed the audio...but no luck there

Anyone got anymore suggestions or I may just have to try to install another copy of XP...it may just be this Vista style version that does this...thanks anyway guys! :)

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
You may have to download the driver from the audio chip maker, which isn't necessarily the computer manufacturer. Please download Everest using my list of links below. Run the program and click Multimedia then click PCI/PNP Audio. Write down the name of the device that shows up on the right.