Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

A couple of minor problems...

• Please log in to reply

LiamRepiso

LiamRepiso

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi, I have a couple of problems on my PC that I hope will be easily solved. Firstly, I have a problem with my wireless broadband connection when I start up my PC. It used to automatically connect when I switched on my computer, but now it doesnt. So I have to wait a few minutes, then right-click on My Computer, and click on Manage. Then I go to Services & Applications > Services > Wireless Zero Configuration. The status of this is initially "stopping", and then after a few minutes the status goes blank, at which point i can click Start and it starts up and connects.

The second problem is, I have a couple of unused and unwanted crack folders on my Desktop which I have been trying to get rid of. I continually put them in the recycle bin and delete them, only to see them still on my desktop again when I startup my PC the next time. The folders contain nothing inside when opened and are 0KB in size which is a bit odd. I scanned my PC with Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware and nothing was detected.

Any help for these 2 probs would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Liam

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
Hi LiamRepiso ...welcome to Geeks To Go... :)
click on start...run...type in services.msc
scroll down until you find Wireless Zero Configuration...set this to automatic...close the window...reboot...

next go here and get move on boot..install it and then right click on any files or folders you want to get rid of and one of the options in the context menu is to delete the file...once you have selected all the files you want gone ...reboot

Edited by happyrock, 25 October 2008 - 07:12 AM.

LiamRepiso

LiamRepiso

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hello happyrock, thanks for the reply. See, the strange thing is that the Wireless IS set to automatic, but I still have to start it myself :/ Do you think I might have to reinstall the drivers for my wireless adapters?

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
go back to Wireless Zero Configuration...right click on it and click on properties...then dependencies tab...make sure anything it depends on is set to automatic...reboot

LiamRepiso

LiamRepiso

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thank you once again, so I successfully set the Remote Procedure Call to Automatic; however I can't locate the NDIS Usermode I/O Protocol in the Services list - where can I find it so I can set it to Automatic???

Thanks again
Liam

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
that component is associated with the Wireless Zero Configuration service, which is provided by the Wireless Zero Configuration component....
are you able to connect to the internet now without to manually start the wireless service...

LiamRepiso

LiamRepiso

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi thanks again. OK, well I set the RPC to automatic, but to answer your question, no I still have to start my wireless connection manually. Any other ideas?

Thanks
Liam

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
what are you using for for your wireless.... hardware wise

LiamRepiso

LiamRepiso

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I'm using a Speedtouch 580 router and Speedtouch 120g Wireless Adapter for my wireless

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
try uninstalling the Speedtouch 120g Wireless Adapter drivers and use the guide here to reinstall them