Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Something wrong with Firefox

• Please log in to reply

Fencer

Fencer

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
I made a mistake and allow the Megaupload toolbar to be installed in my browsers. I uninstalled it rather quickly, bot not quickly enough, for whenever I try to start Firefox there's a window saying:

[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80520001 (NS_ERROR_FILE_UNRECOGNIZED_PATH) [nsILocalFile.initWithPath]" nsresult: "0x80520001 (NS_ERROR_FILE_UNRECOGNIZED_PATH)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://megaupload/content/xpcom/network.js :: anonymous :: line 38" data: no]

After I press the OK button, Firefox starts in an apparently normal way, but I'd like to know if there's a way to avoid the error window to appear.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance!

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Administrator
  • 20,955 posts
  • MVP
Fencer,

I believe this is an add-on in Firefox, and it sounds like it wasn't uninstalled all the way. You can disable or uninstall the add-on in Firefox: Go to Tools > Add-ons and select Extensions on the top of the next window. You should see the Megaupload extension listed. Click on it, and it should give you options to disable or uninstall. Select Uninstall and see if that works.

sari

Fencer

Fencer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Sari, will you marry me?! In half an hour I got the problem solved. OK, I was silly not to check it in the first place, but I'm so used to come here and ask for your help that half of my brain isn't working anymore!
Cheers!

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Administrator
  • 20,955 posts
  • MVP
:) I'm glad that worked, but my husband might object to me marrying you!

Inspiro

Inspiro

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi...I just registered here thanks to help from this thread...