Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Screen of Death c000021a

• Please log in to reply

pressb

pressb

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm getting the Blue Screen of Death with this Stop: c000021a. I couldn't find this specific one on your website or on the Windows XP Solution Center. Here is what it says exactly:

"STOP: c000021a (Fatal System Error) The Windows Logon Process System process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000005 (0x0000000 0x00000000). The system has been shut down."

I booted and restored from the Windows XP disk, but it didn't help the next time. It happened again.

I have Windows XP running on a 4-year-old Dell. We've been having a lot of issues with adware and trojans in just the last few weeks. Every time we scan our computer with McAfee, which is every couple days now, we have several adwares and trojans which it quarantines. The security levels on the Internet Options are set at medium-high, but they aren't preventing things from getting in.

If you have any suggestions for what I can do to fix things, I will do it. I'm computer savvy enough to follow any directions you might give.

Thank you

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Here's a Microsoft article on it.

http://support.micro...kb;en-us;156669

Personally i would go to the malware forum and find out why you keep getting infected.

http://www.geekstogo...-Log-t2852.html

SRX660