Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

oxoeedfade error

• Please log in to reply

Richvii

Richvii

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi Folks
I get the oxoeedfade error when I use my right click button on the touch pad/mouse
I have run the folloiwng malware/spyware software
Malware bytes
Super Antispyware
I have norton 360
Can someone help me
thnx
rich

Advertisements

Anthony19

Anthony19

• PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
Hello Richvii

Welcome to GTG

Iam not a staff member here , however i might be able to assist you...

In order to get a better idea of the issue you are having , im going to ask a couple quick questions...

Quest 1: When did the issue start happening ???

Was there anything specific that you changed/Modified befor all this started happening?

EG: Updated some software...

Quest 2: Is this occuring ALL the time , or just at certain locations...

EG: Opening Internet Explorer browser / Closing Internet Explorer browser

Just these simple question's may allow us to help and assist you more quickly and promptly

Thank you for taking the time reading this

Anthony

Edited by Anthony19, 24 October 2008 - 07:37 PM.

Anthony19

Anthony19

• PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
Edited: duplicate posting...

My computer lagged and i hit reply post twice...

sorry :)

Anthony

Edited by Anthony19, 24 October 2008 - 07:35 PM.

Gnomad1600

Gnomad1600

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
Nearest I can figure this seems to be mainly caused by Norton 360, haven't been able to find an actual fix for the problem though. Has this problem just started or did you install anything prior to this happening?

Richvii

Richvii

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I got this problem about two weeks back.It just started. Cannot recollect any episode.
I was asked by some folks to upgrade to service pack 3
I can open and close the IE without any problem.
Once I right click on any file or folder on the desktop screen ( it doesnot occur when i right click on the menu bar at the bottom) i get the the exception unknown software exception (OxOeedfade) occurred in application @ location Ox7c59bc3f. If I click OK then i get the dialogue box that drwatson could not debug the program. If I cnacel that i get a blue screen and it comes back to my desktop screen with all the programs running.
thnx
richvii
Hello Richvii

Welcome to GTG

Iam not a staff member here , however i might be able to assist you...

In order to get a better idea of the issue you are having , im going to ask a couple quick questions...

Quest 1: When did the issue start happening ???

Was there anything specific that you changed/Modified befor all this started happening?

EG: Updated some software...

Quest 2: Is this occuring ALL the time , or just at certain locations...

EG: Opening Internet Explorer browser / Closing Internet Explorer browser

Just these simple question's may allow us to help and assist you more quickly and promptly

Thank you for taking the time reading this

Anthony
[/quote]

Richvii

Richvii

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
[Once I right click on any file or folder on the desktop screen ( it doesnot occur when i right click on the menu bar at the bottom) i get the the exception unknown software exception (OxOeedfade) occurred in application @ location Ox7c59bc3f. If I click OK then i get the dialogue box that drwatson could not debug the program. If I cancel/press ok i get error 216 then error 217 and then explore.exe error.Then i get a blue screen and it comes back to my desktop screen with all the programs

quote name='Gnomad1600' date='Oct 25 2008, 08:45 AM' post='1359611']
Nearest I can figure this seems to be mainly caused by Norton 360, haven't been able to find an actual fix for the problem though. Has this problem just started or did you install anything prior to this happening?
[/quote]

Anthony19

Anthony19

• PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
So it all happened/started after the update to service pack 3 ???

Now you have mentioned that...

Iam now leaning towards an infection( Malware ) of some kind... as.. if you are infected by malware and you update to service pack 3 you may cause more trouble than it is worth...

I suggest you to follow the Preliminary steps befor posting a hijackthis log @ ( Below link )

http://www.geekstogo...-Log-t2852.html

Then , once you have completed ALL THE STEPS you may post your logs @ ( Below link )http://www.geekstogo...o-Here-f37.html

If you don't get a reply with three days ( The staff get quiet busy here from time to time ) thats not a problem just post up @ ( Below link )

http://www.geekstogo...elp-t21590.html

I think it is always better to be safe than sorry...

Once you get the all clear from the malware removalist we can continue on...

Thank you for understanding

Best of luck !!!

Anthony

Edited by Anthony19, 27 October 2008 - 02:32 AM.