Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Booting Up Problems

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey guys, I've been having computer problems for the last 3 months. So i want to see if you guys can help me.
My computer likes to restart randomly while im away from the computer, so when i return, it just keeps booting-restart-booting-restart-booting-restart, and there's no way to load to the desktop. Theres other times while its booting up, that it will do a "check disk scan" to make sure that system files are in the correct index's and it will find something wrong and delete the system files and never replace the files when finished, so when it goes to reboot, half the system files are missing. And other times it will not mess with the system files but attack my programs and its even deleted the themes to windows xp. This has been happening for the past 3 months, and the only way ive found to fix the problem is to reformat and reinstall windows xp home. This will be my 12th time reinstalling xp and im getting frustrated.
I woke up this morning to find a new error with a blue screen about fatal error with message stop at C000021a. I restarted the computer, but this error keeps poping up. I am unable to load to the desktop, so i cant use the instructions that microsoft has to fix the problem.
Can anyone help me to fix these 2 problems. Below ill say what ive done to try fixing the problems so u can tell me things i haven't tried yet.

* Tried Win Vista instead of XP -Failed
* Replaced HardDrive -Failed
* Replaced Ram -Failed
* Replaced Graphic Card -Failed
* Ive disabled all external stuff -Failed
* Push F8, and click "last known good configuration" -Failed
* Booted to Windows XP cd and used System Recovery -Failed
* Disconnect all USB devices -Failed
* Read Eventlog- useless
* Read minidump files- useless
* Start>Run>Chkdsk- No problems
* Updated to service pack 3- failed
* Stayed at service pack 2- failed
* Installing only the required drivers & software to operate the computer (ex- audio driver, ethernet driver, video driver) No antivirus or backup software was every installed -failed
* Throwing my computer out the window -In progress

I made the computer myself and heres the specs:
P5k-E Asus Motherboard
2 x 1Gb DDR2 1066mhz Kingston
140GB Western Digital Hard drive
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66Ghz
Radeon 512Mb Graphic Card
Windows XP Home

Keep in mind, i am UNABLE to boot to my desktop. And the only Successful way to sove the problem is to reformat and reinstall xp.

Im running out of idea's guys,please help!!!

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
Geezzz, lots of problems..
Can you boot it in safe mode? (Press f8 at startup just like to get to "the last known configuration" and click safe mode)
The Disk Check Scan happens when a computer is shutdown or restarted suddenly, and when windows thinks there's a problem.
What happened when you tried to boot with the windows cd?

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
When the problems occurs, im never able to go into safe mode; It restarts while loading safe mode.

And it accepts the windows cd's, just i have to reformat & reinstall xp to fix the problems which is getting annoying.