Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My computer goes BOOM every time i connect my TV cable?

• Please log in to reply

the_punisher

the_punisher

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Going BOOM may be a bit over, but it does fry up my PC.

Here is how it goes, I have a TV card in my computer and a cable connection, It used to work fine but i disconnected the cable for a couple of months and then when i wanted to reconnect my cable to my pc, it started acting wierd, first off as soon as the cable touched my P casing it gave a huge spark, like not one of those ordinary sparks but a really bright spark as if i was actually touching a live electric wire with my PC casing.

I also noticed that once i touched the cable with the casing and after the spark the cable was kind of attached magnetically to the casing body, like i had to apply some force to disconnect the cable that was just touching my PC, like either the PC or the cable had some magnetic properties.

K so I ignored that spark and connected the cable, after a few seconds smoke emitted from my PC and it fried the power supply.

The cable is a common co-axial cable used for cable transmission. I used the same cable in my television and it worked fine.

I also gave the TV card to my friend and he tested it out on his PC and it did not give any errors or any sparks. so card is fine too.

HELPING ME!!!

Advertisements