Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Plz shed some light on this

• Please log in to reply

=OSS*ROID=

=OSS*ROID=

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Alright, i was asked a question today which I was unable to answer. I told that person that I would get back to them. The question was, which motherboard is overall better, the Evga 790i FTW or the Evga 790i Ultra. I need someone to tell me and also tell me why. Thanks

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
The only difference i see is the Added Digital Power management, otherwise they seem exactly the same.

From the vr-zone website.

EVGA took the original overclockers dream; The EVGA 790i SLI FTW; and made it even more extreme with the addition of Digital Power Management
(Digital PWM - Pulse Width Modulation), once again improving upon the voltage stability and efficiency. In addition, the EVGA 790i SLI FTW Digital PWM includes solid state capacitors, an 8-Phase Power design, on-board all ferrite core chokes, an enhanced enthusiast BIOS, Vdroop control and much more. The EVGA 790i SLI FTW Digital PWM is the ultimate platform for those who demand the best and expect the best!

EVGA nForce 790i SLI FTW Digital PWM Features:

* Innovative chipset fan design directs airflow away from the graphics card.
* Reach extreme overclocking speeds supporting 1600MHz FSB and beyond.
* 8 phase power design for superb stability and performance.
* Solid state capacitors and ferrite core chokes allow for better overclocking and stability.
* Convenient layout with on-board Clear CMOS, Power, and Reset buttons.
* Friendly system BIOS features with easy to use overclock and voltage settings.
* Extreme DDR3 speeds of 2000MHz and beyond.

SRX660