Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

outlook express

• Please log in to reply

melwillis

melwillis

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I can't get incoming from outlook express. I can send messages from outlook to my hotmail. I try to respond back but it never shows up. This workes last week, but now it won't receive mail. This message shows up:

The host 'POP3' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'POP3', Server: 'POP3', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D.

I went to microsoft and tried to investigate, but there is so much info that I don't know whick to try. This same message showed up last week, yet I could X out and it would still give me my mail. I do hear what sounds like a pop up trying to load. It pops three times. I enabled popups but it still doesn't show up.

Suggestions. :)

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
If your internet service provided has technical support - call them. You have to reconfigure your Outlook Express and they are the people who has the information about what to write in POP3 and SMTP.

I didn't understand what you wrote about popups making sound trying to load.