Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

G2G Notifications in French?

• Please log in to reply

**Brian**

**Brian**

Semper Paratus: Always Ready

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts
Hello all:

I just noticed that I am getting Notifications for G2G topics in french - I know that I didn't change anything in my control panel, and it seems to be a intermittent thing, as the rest of them all are english.

from my email:

**Brian**,

sUBtech vient d'écrire une réponse dans le sujet auquel vous êtes inscrit. Titre du sujet : "Congratulations new admin Sari".

Le sujet se trouve ici : http://www.geekstogo...view=getnewpost

Il se peut qu'il y ait plus d'une réponse à ce sujet, mais seulement un email est envoyé par visite sur les forums pour chaque sujet auquel vous êtes abonné. C'est pour limiter le nombre d'email qui est envoyé vers votre boite de réception.

Se Désabonner :
---------------

Vous pouvez vous désabonner à tout moment en vous connectant sur votre panneau de contrôle et en cliquant sur le lien "Voir Abonnements". Cordialement,

L'équipe Geeks to Go!.

Does anyone know if any changes were made and has anyone else been getting responses in other languages when they have them set to English?

Brian

Advertisements

heat123

heat123

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
I received one email notification in French. What is the problem? Also I didn't change anything in my control panel or anything else.

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
This happens when somebody who has changed the language setting on their profile(a French user) subscribes and posts in a topic, whoever else has subscribed to that topic will get the same notification, which in this case was in French. Subsequent ones should be back to normal

Also you could have searched the forum, pretty sure this has been asked quite a few times before.

**Brian**

**Brian**

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

This happens when somebody who has changed the language setting on their profile(a French user) subscribes and posts in a topic, whoever else has subscribed to that topic will get the same notification, which in this case was in French. Subsequent ones should be back to normal

Also you could have searched the forum, pretty sure this has been asked quite a few times before.

Thank you for this information - I thought that it was a setting problem, but not on my end, and the reason I reported it was because I have never seen this happen before - Information has been noted :) I thought it strange that ONE notification was french while the others were english, and thought it may be a glitch - hence my posting here :)

Brian

Edited by **Brian**, 26 October 2008 - 10:47 AM.

heat123

heat123

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
Thanks Rorschach112 that is good to know in case that ever happens again to me. Also I thought it was weird like Brian becuase it was only one notification. All good.

Thanks,
heat123

sUBtech

sUBtech

• PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
Thank Rorschach112 for the clarification.

@**Brian**,
Proud that my name was there. :)

**Brian**

**Brian**

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

Thank Rorschach112 for the clarification.

@**Brian**,
Proud that my name was there. :)

This also happened on some of the reply notifications for the "Congrats New Admin Sari" Thread, but so far no others: Thanks to Rorchach's explanations, I now understand :)

Subtech: heheee I just picked that one to illistrate the problem :) :)

Brian