Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Easy way to download an access database?

• Please log in to reply

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• PipPipPip
  • 625 posts
Hello:

My website was created with Frontpage 03. I have a form for visitors to fill out requesting quotes for my services. Since the hosting company, GoDaddy, doesn't have an exchange server, I can't have the form e-mail me the results. The data, then, is stored in a Microsoft Access Database. To cheeck for updates, I have to:

• Open Frontpage 03
  • Open my site
  • Have Frontpage open my remote site
  • Download and overright the old .MDB from the hosting server to my own PC's Hard Drive
  • Open the database to check for any updates

I have to do all that...EVERY SINGLE DAY. Since I usually don't have updates, I'm wasting a LOT of time. Is there any easier way to do this? Surely there must be. I thought about writing a batch file that would download the database for me to my desktop or something, but since I don't know how to make the connection for the download, I don't know how to write the code for such a thing.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Magus

Advertisements